“When men of business, farmers, mechanics, merchants, lawyers, etc, become members of the church they become servants of Christ, and although their talents may be entirely different, their responsibility to advance the cause of God by personal effort, and with their means, is no less than that which rests upon the minister ” (Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 4 p. 468).
ASI members recognize that their time, talents and treasures belong to God and believe that their vocations can and should be a ministry to aid in the advancement of the Great Commission. The ASI philosophy promotes a Christ-centered lifestyle in which members seek to live out God’s love in their own lives and share that love with people they encounter in their everyday business and professional activities.
ASI’s Vision is to:
- Provide development opportunities, initiatives, mentorship programmes, skills training, ect., to enable ASI members to better serve God and humanity.
- Fulfill its unique role as God’s helping hands and agents of God’s end-time mission
- Revitalise and regenerate local communities so that they can become self-reliant
- Promote the development of privately- owned Adventist institutions and enterprises in the SAUC
- Encourage partnership between church institutions and such privately-owned institutions and enterprises for the furtherance of the gospel.
- Uphold the standards and objectives of the Seventh-day Adventist church, and assist with mission projects supportive of the church.